Days left till the 50th: 84
Episodes watched: 19
Today’s Episode: Rise of the Cybermen
Writer: Tom MacRae
Oy.. Part One of a two parter, this is the only two parter I’m not really liking in Rose’s tenure. I don’t know why.. it just blah.. so I’ll condense this post to bullet points…
– Due to Mickey’s Stupidity, he held down a button too long, which threw them out of their current universe through the VOID and nothingness into a parallel universe, luckily the Doctor takes 10 years off of his life by blowing on a power cell, so they have 24 hours to explore.
– Rose discovers that her Dad is alive in this universe; Mickey discovers his grandma whom we have never heard about before is also alive.
– People have crap downloaded into their heads using ear pods that look like those stupid hands free Bluetooth headsets that you will never ever see me wear.
– Pete is Filthy Rich in this universe, and Jackie treats him like a douchebag, and he is definitely not one.
– Pete is working with this INSANE dude named Lumic that is dying and wants to live forever, thus creating Cybus Industries and creating that universe’s Cybermen.
– There is a Rose.. but it’s a DOG!
– There is a Mickey, but he’s known as Rickey in that ‘verse and has a ton more guts than Mickey the Tin Dog. Also he’s a member of the Preachers.
Thus we end this episode with a cliffhanger of the Doctor, Peter, Mikey and the Preachers about to be Deleted by the Cybermen!
Take note.. that our Cybermen are from Mondas, whom had to create the suit to survive in extreme temps. These Cybermen just want to upgrade everyone at the behest of Mr. Lumic. Both have the zero emotion factor.
The only good parts in this entire episode is discovering the Rose in Pete’s ‘verse is a dog, and seeing Rose interact with her (not)Dad.
Till Tomorrow.. part two.. my face was just like Ten’s after watching this for the first time..